Saturday 28 July 2018

My almost 8 year old can’t stop having accidents please help me.


This will be long but please take a read.My son is almost 8, and regularly has poop only accidents. It ranges from heavy skid marks to full on just going in his pants. I have taken him to his pediatrician and he was prescribed a laxative to flush his system to find a regular bowel movement schedule. This worked for a short while, but for about the pass few months it’s everyday again. I am taking him back to see if there’s a medical problem that wasn’t seen before. It is beyond frustrating and difficult to go through this. I have to buy new underwear constantly and if I’m lucky I can save a pair. When I speak to my son about this he says he likes to not go to the bathroom but he knows if he doesn’t he loses his electronics. He says he understands why it’s a problem but soon again he has an accident. I feel bad always having to discipline him for this, but all of his excuses are blaming other things he had to do so he couldn’t go or he forgot. Last time we went to the doctor he said the same thing to the doctor and it didn’t really get us anywhere. I’m losing my mind over this and it’s been on going for about a two years and while he was in school it doesn’t happen or as often maybe once a month. Now since the summer it’s non stop.Sorry if there’s any typos. This a throwaway account and I’m mobile. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2LXWnYj

No comments:

Post a Comment