Friday 27 July 2018

Bringing my biracial toddler to meet my pro-black mother.


My mother is racist (okay, not racist but raise by a member of the NAACP and most of my uncles were black panther). She extremely pro-black. Shes a separatist. She’s never made a bad comment about my son expect I’m raising him like a white kid (he has a leash. He’s a runner. Sorry not sorry. His hair is wild, curly and free. So is mine and my little sisters). She hates my husband and his family. She “just doesn’t understand white people and doesn’t care too”. I know my son falls into the black category but I’m not ready for her groom him to be pro-black. She is extreme. he’ll hate being half white and all his dad’s family by the time it’s done. Racism exists and I don’t want him to have to learn the hard but there has to be a middle ground. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2mQPrRz

No comments:

Post a Comment