Saturday 28 July 2018

Are there any subs specifically aimed at science-based "crunchy" parenting, and would there be any interest in one if there were?


I keep finding that I'm kind of weird in comparison to a lot of the people on general parenting boards in that I'm a major health nut, strongly into clean eating/whole food, attachment parenting, breastfeeding, lots of natural outdoorsy stuff, but NOT an anti-vaxxer or someone who believes that everything can be cured with magical essential oils, or crystals, etc.It seems like I unintentionally offend people often on other subs by being TOO "crunchy", but since I'm more science based, I don't fit in on the typical "crunchy mom" groups either, because there's always a significant portion of users who are strongly anti-vaxx, or try to cure everything with oils and oil diffusers and other things I just don't believe in.I realize my beliefs aren't overwhelmingly popular here or anything but I'm wondering if there's a more fitting sub or group, or if starting one would do any good. Any thoughts?ETA: Also, any suggestions for fitting names for it, so people with similar ideals can easily find it? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2AgVIjg

No comments:

Post a Comment