Tuesday 31 July 2018

How to build positive body imagine in BOYS?


I see a lot of talks on how to build positive body imagine for girls. I agree that it's necessary for girls but think boys are forgotten about in these conversations. I think boys also pick up on what the ideal man is supposed to look like. In America that means white, six pack abs, over 6 feet tall, etc. As a short and skinny Asian guy I struggled for a while with feeling like I wasn't good enough it attractive enough.I am now raising two boys and want to make sure they don't go through the same thing. Like me, they are both short and thin. One does seem to be athletic but I was as well and that often made me feel more insecure as I was playing on sports teams with guys who had better bodies than I did. They are mixed race and I know that can bring it's own identity and image issues as well. What resources are available to raising boys to be happy with their bodies? via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2M6das7

No comments:

Post a Comment