Sunday 29 July 2018

GOAT Parent


Well, I just wanted to toot my own horn about a parenting moment. We were watching the movie Rampage (me and my 9- and 6-year old -- I always pre-screen movies and skipped some of the real violence, language, etc.) starring Dwayne Johnson and a CGI gorilla. In the movie, the gorilla knows sign language and does occasional inappropriate signs -- like giving the finger (I know, well, IMO its better than fart jokes, which are so overplayed in kids' movies). Anyway, at the end of the movie when everything is over Dwayne Johnson's character meets the gorilla again, but this time with a new lady friend. The gorilla signs/asks him who she is to which the Rock replies "a friend." The gorilla then makes a sex sign putting his index finder in the hole of his hand and moving it in and out. Anyway my 6-year old is like 'what does that mean'? I said, well, er, that they are boyfriend and girlfriend. He persists and is like 'yeah but why that'? In a spontaneous parenting moment I say 'well that means he is going to put a wedding ring on her finger.' Thank you ladies and gentlemen, for reading. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2mSrGJe

No comments:

Post a Comment