Monday 30 July 2018

There’s a mouse in every wide shot of the great green room in Goodnight Moon and finding him has become my 2yo’s favorite part of bedtime


Every night I read my 2yo Goodnight Moon as the last book before bedtime. It’s a tradition I started with my daughter a few years ago when trying to get a clear mark for the end of story time and the beginning of bedtime.Anyway, about a week ago my son got excited when the book mentioned the mouse. I’m not sure why, we had read the book many times before, but he seemed excited and the next page with the room in it he said, “where did that mouse go!?” I was kind of surprised to find that the mouse was on the page and he managed to find it without help.The next night again he wanted to find the mouse, this time on a few pages. Again I was somewhat surprised that in all my readings of the book I had not noticed the mouse was in all the ones he wanted to look for it in.Tonight I figured let’s see if the mouse is in all the pages with the room on it and sure enough it is. Two he had trouble finding, but it is there. The hardest is one where the mouse is halfway off the page, and I had to point it out to him.So if you have a toddler and Goodnight Moon, ask them if they can find the mouse. via /r/Parenting https://ift.tt/2LDexCh

No comments:

Post a Comment