Wednesday 27 September 2017

Wife hates my guts a few months after baby.. How do I fix it?


Hey guys, my wife and I have an almost 5 month old son, who is awesome. Our marriage for pretty much the entirety of the time since he was born however, is not awesome.On one level, I get that she's protective. But she makes me feel like everything I do is somehow wrong. It's always got to be her way, even little things. If I'm emptying out some junk we have in the pack and play, like clothes or wipes or what not, we have a basket for those things. If I go to grab the basket and walk over to the crib to put things in it, I get harassed as I go to get the basket because apparently it really matters that I grab the stuff out of the pen and then walk to the basket.It's just she's got commentary on everything now. I'm always wrong, and when I specifically go for gestures to make her feel better, I kind of get a backhanded thank you and she goes back to normal. She's full of anxiety 24/7, and honestly if I tell her something she doesn't listen. She can hear the exact same thing I said from a stranger, and she'll take it as gospel compared to when I said it.We have a ton of stressors, so I've been trying to just put one foot in front of the other and give her some slack.. But honestly it's getting to me even more than the lack of sleep or anything else. We just moved, started new jobs, etc. But it's just driving me fucking insane.The other thing I guess is that I'll get up and do some chores, I'll fold all the laundry (something we both hate) and do the dishes after dinner, and pick up a little. Then as soon as I sit down on the couch she has something for me to do. I get up and do it, and then the same shit happens 4 times in a row. Every time I sit down, she has something else for me to do within 60 seconds, particularly if I slink off to my desk to turn on my computer.I'm so desperate, when does this stop? I want it to stop.. I can take a few more months of this, I know I can, but I'm just not sure anymore. The nice things I do go unacknowledged, when I take initiative I'm wrong, when I don't take initiative I'm lazy. I just can't get any peace. I'm only happy when I go to work. I can't wait to go to work because I just want to be away from my wife so I can unclench. I haven't ever cried as an adult, but I swear to god I'm close. Please help. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2xJaMDb

No comments:

Post a Comment