Friday 29 September 2017

My 2 year old won't sleep and I think I am going to go insane.


I have a 2 year old and a 6 year old. My oldest never had issues with sleeping. About 3 weeks ago (when she started at a new school, see my side not below) my 2 year old decided that 7:30 bed time doesn't jive with her. She gets out of bed every 5 minutes and we put her back until she finally falls asleep at 11pm. Then she wakes up about 6-8 times every night and comes to wake my wife and I up. I just pick her up and put her back in her bed and tell her "It's time for bed." She stays there for about an hour until she comes into my room to wake us up again. I have no idea if she even falls asleep or if she is sitting up awake all night.What can I do about this? My wife and I are trying to keep it cool but with so little sleep we are going bananas.Also we feel it can't be healthy for her to get so little sleep.Side note: She did start a new school 3 weeks ago which the kids take naps between 12:30 and 2:30. We do know that she doesn't sleep well when she takes a nap and spoke to the school about it. They said they will cut down her nap time from 2 hours to 1 hour. It didn't make a difference. We don't give her sweets before bed, she rarely touches electronics, only mentioning this because this is the first thing my friends mention when I tell them my problem.Also, we had to take the railing of the crib down because she launches herself over it like the friggin daredevil to get out. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2x1XItB

No comments:

Post a Comment