Saturday 30 September 2017

Raising the future


My husband and I spent the week in Chicago with our four year old son. Throughout the week he kept asking me questions like "why is the man sleeping on the ground?" and "what does his sign say?" Among about 100 other questions. We went to get pizza (Chicago deep dish, yumm) he insisted we save a piece, as he was going to take it to someone who "needed help". When we got home this morning he asked me "Are there people in Lacey who need help?" It warmed my heart. My only goal in raising him is that he is a good person and cares about other people and their needs. Talent and smarts are inherent, compassion and kindness is not. I don't understand how my four year old understands and feels this in his heart, yet the leader of the free world seems to have issue with such a basic concept of human compassion and dignity. Especially when it comes to anyone who thinks or looks differently than he. This mornings tweets were beyond anything acceptable and it isn't what I want my child seeing as true leadership. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2ygr9Z0

No comments:

Post a Comment