Saturday 30 September 2017

How should I talk to my 5 yo about how he’s doing in sports? He gets upset and discouraged.


My 5 year old has been playing soccer, and he’s pretty good at it. But at the same time he’s 5, and no 5 year old is really good at it, you know? He gets really upset if he doesn’t block a goal, or get a goal, etc. but he’s very good at ballhandling and dribbling the ball and many of the fundamentals other kids are not good at.So my question is this: what advice would you give me about talking to him and encouraging him.He knows it is important to make goals and he’s very upset when he doesn’t do it which makes him think he’s not very good. I tell him “no, buddy, you’re very good look at how well you do these other things” and of course the ol’ “it’s not winning that matters but having fun” but then he still gets upset that he thinks he’s not. He’s fairly sensitive, so that affects things to. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2wpA06b

No comments:

Post a Comment