Saturday 30 September 2017

Help! Bread Winner vs Stay at Home Parent Issues - Splitting Responsibilities


My SO and I are on the fence about having kids, but a conversation we had last night really bugged me and I want to know how you all think, feel, and handle similar situations.He said that if and when we have children I can stay home and raise them and that will be my full time job - that's fine. But he said if he's the bread winner he won't help me if the baby is crying in the middle of the night because he needs his sleep. It'll be my job to take care of the kid by myself 5/7 days of the week."You won't help at all?" I asked "No, not if I have to work the next day." "Not one bit..?" "No, I need my sleep." "Well I do too..." "You can take lots of naps during the day if you're a stay at home mom. I can't nap at work."He also said that he doesn't want me "dumping" the kid on him as soon as he comes through the door after a long day of work. He's going to be tired and he will want to relax for awhile when he gets home.I understand where he's coming from, but he makes it seem like he's going to want nothing to do with the kid!Help! This is really bothering me. We don't have any children yet, but this is something important that we need find common ground on before we head down that road... via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2fyfvNG

No comments:

Post a Comment