Monday 25 September 2017

Truancy being issued in my son at school


My son (4 years old) is enrolled in my local elementary school in special ed (he is speech delayed).My grandfather has fallen ill and we are taking an emergency (previously unplanned) trip to go visit him before he passes away. I informed my sons teacher that my son will be missing 10 days of school (we are flaying to Europe from the US and will be gone exactly 14 days) his teacher told me a truancy will be issued and legal action will be brought upon me for my son missing 10 days of school.I am freaking out and don't know what to do. Not going is not an option we already paid for the flights which has literally left us broke and can not afford to change them.Anyone been through this before? What should I do?EDIT: I met with the principle at the school and she told me that even though he is only 4 the law still applies because he is enrolled in school. She said the best thing to do is withdraw him from school and then when we get back to reenroll, he will go to the same class and all when we get back. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2yor4OU

No comments:

Post a Comment