Tuesday 26 September 2017

Help- being pushed out of Montessori


So I'm asking any advice you all might have with a) quickly improving potty training results or b) dealing with a school that seems to want to get rid of my son.My son is 3 years old as of 4 weeks ago. He's headstrong af, and as difficult as that is from a parenting standpoint, I like that about him. I want him to stay strong and independent forever. He's high energy and very bright. In short, he can be amazing or he can be a nightmare depending on whether or not he feels like listening.We always try to get him to understand and internalize how and WHY he should behave a certain way instead of just forcing him. I have spanked only for the most egregious offenses, like hitting his sister or something like that. Normally I opt for timeout and a pep talk.For these reasons, and because his last daycare was a shitshow, we moved him into a montessori school. He's in the "toddler room" now and can't move up to the montessori room until he is potty trained. He CAN poop and pee on the potty, but sometimes he just doesn't. He's not 100% ready yet. I feel like this is within the range of normal for a 3 year old. But here's the thing, the nun at his school just gave us a DEADLINE of Nov 1st. He has to be potty trained and move into the montessori room or find another school.Pissed off would be an understatement. Between him and his little sister, the monthly cost of this school is as much as my mortgage + homeowners insurance + my student loan payment. We uprooted him from his last school and re-engineered our working lives around this new school because we were enamored with the montessori program. We also pay his tuition 2 months in advance which makes me even more pisssed about this deadline in 6 weeks.I can't shake the feeling that the nun simply doesn't this rambunctious boy running around making life difficult. The side eye towards my tattooed arms and condesending unsolicited advice about how to handle him makes me extra leary.Sorry for a bit of a rant there, but I just want to hear from some other parents before I lose my shit and completely burn my bridges What would you do in my shoes??? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2wRlvwc

No comments:

Post a Comment