Thursday 28 September 2017

How to deal with dogs and a toddler?


Preface: When I was 6/7 I was bitten by a dog. I'm not super afraid of them, but I get noticeably nervous around them. I'm actively trying to work on this issue. While also being hyper aware of warning signs from dogs.My DD is 2 and is nice ish with animals because we have cats.When we see a dog outside I ask the owners if it's okay if she pets them before letting her get crazy. Right now she knows enough to approach dogs with an open hand and let them sniff her before petting them. However, she no longer is willing to pet dogs when she used to love petting dogs. I'm super worried that it's my fault.I don't want her to be aggressive with trying to pet unknown dogs, but I also don't want her to be scared of dogs. I'm trying to find the happiest medium that doesn't involve me having a heart attack basically.I have absolutely no idea how to go about this so, I'm open to all suggestions that don't involve getting a dog. ( not because I hate dogs I just live in an apartment and would probably get kicked out if I added more animals.) via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2k65c8J

No comments:

Post a Comment