Friday 29 September 2017

Toddler is acting out and I need a way out. (kind of long)


So I'm a 25 year old SAHM to a little girl who is a year and a half. I'm a SAHM mainly because daycare prices are outrageous here, and we would be losing ~$300/month for me to go back to work and put her in daycare. Husband works a standard 9-5 job, I've been looking for a job for the weekends with no luck so far.I'm having major anger issues toward my daughter. I keep them bottled up and act kindly to her, but I frequently step into another room, close the door, and cool off before I do something foolish. Today, she was making a mess everywhere, including purposefully throwing up. She will frequently shove her hand down her throat, while looking at me to see what I do. I've tried ignoring it, I've tried saying "No we don't do that"....nothing seems to help. She is so freaking clingy right now. I can't set her down without her screaming (I do it when I need to make dinner, or do something else with both hands, and I swear it's loud enough for the neighbors to hear when she cries).Finally, today, as I was cleaning up her barf (on my freshly vacuumed carpet), she was standing over me and shoved her hand in her mouth. I snapped. I yanked it from her mouth, swatted it (not hard) and sternly said "No." Immediately I regretted it, she cried, and I took her in my arms and I apologized.I don't want to hit her. I want to be a good mom. But I also am drowning as a SAHM and there's no way out. We have very limited insurance, so I can't see a therapist. And again there's no way I could put her in daycare unless I could find a job that would take my little credentials (was a fast food employee for 3 years). We can't afford a nanny, even part time...nowadays, getting Taco Bell is a luxury expense. Yet we don't qualify for food stamps because husband makes too much, but we have too much mortgage (our mistake, but we also can't move because it's a very hot market right now and things are crazy expensive).Is there anyone who has been in a similar situation, and can offer advice? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2yN6mJI

No comments:

Post a Comment