Wednesday 27 September 2017

I need a little advice, I'm desperate!


I have a 7 year old son in 1st grade. His teacher last year had issues with him talking and playing and it's not getting better. His dad isn't in the picture and it's me and my girlfriend. We're both supportive and strict with him.I told D's teacher at the beginning of the year that he is a talker and that it might be best to give him a seat closest to her. Or to just separate him from the start. He comes home every day with bad marks for talking excessively and not following directions. I told her he had these issues and she told me, "I've been a teacher for 23 years I've got this." Now she is acting like she is bewildered and asking for a conference. While I don't condone his behavior and have tried everything I tried to tell her! I've got him seeing his school counselor (if he even remembers) and I've almost finished with the registration for the big brother program to get him one on one time with a male mentor.Guys, I don't know what else to do. He's not a "bad" kid. He's a talker and doesn't like to pay attention. I don't want him on meds. I'll feel like I've failed. Meds have caused me to lose part of my eyebrow as a kid from picking, my sister to become bald in the back of her head from picking, and now my 5 year old brother is picking his hair out. IM NOT AGAINST MEDICATION FOR THE RIGHTS REASONS. I GET THAT SOME CHILDREN NEED IT.ANYWAY, do y'all have any suggestions? He's 7 and it just doesn't seem to get better. He's graded on his behavior it goes on his report card. He's got all As besides this. I'm at my wits end. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2wWdKjF

No comments:

Post a Comment