Tuesday 26 September 2017

Daycare Worker Injured Our Daughter


Prepare for a long one, folks. Some background:Our 3.5 year old daughter goes to a licensed, corporate, daycare facility. Her father works there and we get a great discount. She's a brilliant, charismatic little thing, but was born with a skin condition that makes her look a bit different. I'm a bit more protective than I need to be, so this daycare setup with her dad so close seemed absolutely ideal.There's a teacher there that has some beef with hubby. He's slated to take over her classroom due to her general flakiness and lazy lesson planning, so there's some bitterness there.Cut to today. I get an update saying that she hasn't eaten much and that she was having trouble sleeping because her wrist hurt around 12-1pm. Her dad calls me and says that he's taking her to an orthopedist to get her arm checked out. According to the teacher, she threw a tantrum (very uncommon) and she ended up pulling her arm. According to our girl, the teacher pulled her to get her to use the potty before napping. This is the same teacher that has it out for hubby. Our daughter is now in a splint/cast thing and the doctor said it may be a dislocated radius or a small wrist fracture. Follow up on Thursday. I guess the dislocated radius is a fairly common injury in children. They writhe and flail and yank when you're holding them. When they tried to set it, though, there was no sound, no feeling of it being out of place. Leads me to believe it's a fractured wrist, also considering that that's where she points when asked where it hurts.Here's the kicker: she didn't report it. Hubby ended up in her room towards the end of nap time and she got up to tell him she couldn't move her arm and that it hurt. Our daughter, our 3 year old daughter, was in pain for hours. Nothing was said to her dad. Nothing was done. She must have cried and said it hurt, right? Nothing was done and I am BEYOND livid.I'm going in tomorrow to demand the footage to determine whether we want to press charges. She will lose her job regardless. I won't settle for less. I don't, however, want to slap her with abuse charges for a legitimate accident if that's what really happened. She will absolutely no longer have a job for neglecting to report it. That's where she screwed herself. If that tape shows her abusing our daughter we're pressing charges to the fullest extent. I'm going to speak to a lawyer tomorrow as well, regardless of what the cameras show.Sorry for the jumbled mess. My mind is in chaos right now. I didn't know I could be this angry.Please share any advice you have. Are we handling this right? Is there anything else we should do? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2xyXKpQ

No comments:

Post a Comment