Saturday 30 September 2017

[medication] Should I stop breastfeeding so I can safely take medicine?


I have an almost 9 month daughter. I started weaning her at 6 months on solids, but I still exclusively breastfeed.I suffer with really bad anxiety and depression so I take Zoloft which is okay while breastfeeding. However I also suffer from really bad migraines that last for weeks. But they can't give me anything other than the over counter medicines. Doctor said the only way I can have aspirin/ or other migraine medication is if I stopped breastfeeding but he doesn't want to advise that.I've been suffering all week with a migraine. I was wondering if is the best thing for me to do is stop breastfeeding? I adore breastfeeding and I don't want to stop. But is that the best thing to do for my health?I'm really guilty with all the meds I have taken while breastfeeding, for my gallstones and ear infections aswell. But it's all safe, but how safe can it really be?Thanks for the help via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2woZjFv

No comments:

Post a Comment