Friday 29 September 2017

How do I convince my anti-vax girlfriend to vaccinate our daughter?


So I found out around the beginning of her second trimester that my girlfriend is anti vaccine, and will not be getting our daughter vaccinated.After 3 or 4 big arguments about the topic I decided to stop fighting and let her do what she will because I work 60+ hours a week and don't have the time or energy to spend fighting. Her sister has an 8 year old who I've been told is unvaccinated and my sister has a 16 month old who is also not vaccinated. All 3 of them have all the time in the world to do their "research" and find sources telling them that vaccines are horrible and dangerous and shouild be avoided at all cost.The crazy part is that my girlfriend was bit by a dog this past January and got the Tdap for herself then without batting an eye. Monday she'll be 41 weeks so the baby is due any time now and I knew I wanted to at least get my Tdap as well so that the baby is at least protected from pertussis for the time being, so I got it done today after work.After dinner she found out I had gotten it and didn't talk to me for the rest of the night until I mentioned I was going to sleep. Apparently she is so upset that she can't even sleep in the same room as me because apparently "I can research everything except vaccines which doesn't even make sense, I don't research anything really.I'm just so lost, I have no idea what to do. I just want what's best for my child but I don't have the energy to argue. What can I do at this point to protect my baby from her mom's poor judgement? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2xCCwK0

No comments:

Post a Comment