Wednesday 27 September 2017

Research/scientifically minded parents of really needy/must-engage toddlers, how did you survive? Teach me your tricks.


My 1.5 year old is adorable as they come. I love him to pieces but damn, he is (and always has been) SO in need of constant engagement. It's so bonkers by the 4th hour of reading/playing/pretend/animal farm/playgroup/you name it, it's all on all the time.I heart the kid but there's got to be better ways I can engage so it's not so mind numbing, right? I mean, 30 seconds of playing with whistle, 30 seconds of him yelling, 3 minutes of reading a book, 1 minute of 'kind to the cat' 30 seconds of him yelling at something else etc. It's really hard, parenting is hard, but it's also really boring. I see parents who seem really stimulated so I know this is on me to fix.What good studies can I read to find ways to be more involved and set myself little challenges to beat, are there goals I can set beyond 'truck not car', something that can keep me stimulated at the same time as him, do you know what I mean? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2fz878G

No comments:

Post a Comment