Wednesday 27 September 2017

My 11-year-old has been "sexting" a 30 yo man.


My daughter is a very precocious girl and has always been confident, creative, intelligent, thoughtful, and talented. I was a teen parent and I worked really hard to excel in school/work/etc to bring us to the great life we have now so she spent a lot of time in daycare and with nannies as a small child. In the last few years I've finally gotten to a very financially secure and generally secure place so I've been able to be around a lot more.All of this is to say that I'm worried this is my fault for not being a helicopter mom like her classmates parents that all had their kids at 30+.I recently discovered WhatsApp on her iPod touch, and among texts with her friends I found a text string dating back for two months with a 30 y/o(or older?) man. Pictures, even nude ones, were exchanged, and a lot of sex talk. I don't think they have met in person.What do I even do while being sensitive to my daughter? This is a sex crime obviously but I don't know what steps to take.Edit: I have already contacted police and started the process for having this guy arrested. What I'm looking for is advice for how to handle the situation with my daughter. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2hyoCCq

No comments:

Post a Comment