Tuesday 27 June 2017

[Update] Daughters change of heart


Previous postSince we told our daughter about my wifes pregnancy she has been acting very stubborn (to be expected surely?) and has stopped taking an interest in her normal hobbies. When I asked her why she said "well I should get used to it because I wont be able to do anything anymore."So I sat her down and told her that I wasn't thinking straight before and that things will change but it isn't a bad thing. I told her "yes things are going to change, but your growing up and you're nearly a young adult so you can't behave like this anymore. You're going to be a big sister soon and this baby is going to look up to you because you are a clever kind young lady. (She is clearly hiding a smile at this point) Mum and me would really like you to come with us to see the babys ultrasound when we can, you don't have to but it would make us very happy"She said she would and over the past few days has been asking questions. "Can I show my friends the ultrasound pictures". "Will I be able to help with the baby". I've told her that because she is being very grown up about this, we are going to give her a bit more freedom (nothing crazy just a few changes).So I think we have crossed that bridge, she got over it fairly quickly much quicker than I expected. I hope it stays this way. Thank you to everyone that helped me deal with this. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2thU38v

No comments:

Post a Comment