Monday 26 June 2017

Is 7 months after our first long enough to say 'no more kids?'


Father here, BTW. Had our first child around 7 months ago and, unsurprisingly, it's been tough. I love my son to bits, but I've in no way enjoyed anything about the last few months. My wife seems to have not enjoyed anything about maternity and probably had PPD, though she refused to ever discuss the idea. We have argued a lot over, seemingly, everything. I think we are getting better now, but it's revealed a lot of fundamental differences that I just had no idea we had.Despite everything, my wife told me a few weeks back that she still sees another child in our future. I was, like, 'WTF? Have you been living in another dimension for the last few months?'To be frank, although I know it's very early to think about this stuff, the thought that I've got this second child concept hanging over me fills me with anxiety. At the same time, I Am self aware enough to know most people aren't trying for a second after 7 months so I don't want to slam that door and have the inevitable argument for no good reason.I feel like our lives can work well with the one - especially as he gets older. I feel two would just take all the fun out of it to be honest.I don't really have a question other than to ask your experiences. Does everyone feel this way at this point? Did you change your mind? Do you regret it? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2tMQpkr

No comments:

Post a Comment