Thursday 29 June 2017

How to help my wife?


Hello, /r/parenting!I need your advice/help.My wife frequents this sub, so there is a possibility she may see this, but oh well.My wife is an amazing mother. She is attentive and nurturing and mothering seemed to come very naturally to her. We had our first baby girl in March of 2016. She is now 16 months old and has been the easiest baby... She's a litte more crazy now that she is a toddler, but is still very very good. But seriously. As a baby she slept through the night at about 2 months old, started staying her own room then, is a good eater, never had colic, is very sweet, and etc. She's seriously great. So much so that friends with kids and family members even started to make comments like, "she's not a real baby", "I hope your next one is a real baby so you can see what it's like", and etc. Basically wishing hardship on us which is sort of ridiculous, but I digress.Anyways.We just had our second baby girl in May. She is now 5 weeks old. She is beautiful like her sister and is very sweet. She is a little tougher than the first in that she cries a lot more frequently and seems to be coliccy around 6pm-9pm. She now seems to be fussy during the days lately (for hours and hours and hours. Sometimes all day..), and it is taking a toll on my wife.Today she was texting me while I was at work (I work 8am - 5pm) that she feels like she is failing. She feels like she's not taking good care of herself, the house, the finances, etc.I told her that it does feel that way sometimes, but she is doing a great job and is an amazing mother. That there's so much for her to do that it's bound to feel overwhelming at times.With a newborn and a small child it would be impossible to do all of these things.She seems very down. I just want to know from any mothers who have been through this (fathers are welcome to comment as well) what I can do to help her. We know she needs to get out of the house and have some her time, but we aren't able to afford a whole lot right now...I generally help with the kids as much as I can when I get home from work, but after that I tend to slack off and want to relax... I'm planning to clean up a lot the next few days (kitchen, bathrooms, our room, laundry), but I feel like that's just surface stuff.What can I do to help alleviate her stress more than just these things? I feel terrible that she is feeling down like this, but I know it's sort of normal? There may be some postpartum stuff going on as well, but who knows.Help!!Thank you. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2s6ZrHr

No comments:

Post a Comment