Wednesday 28 June 2017

CPS case against another parent that lives at my house


I didn't know if I should put this in relationships or parenting.So, I just recently had a baby (3 weeks ago) and I am living with someone who has an open CPS case against her for physical abuse of her own child. I did not know this, and a ton if other things, before opening my home to her. Anyway, I have not seen any physical abuse, but I have heard the fights. The problem is that the child has a history of hitting himself, so it is hard for CPS and me to tell what is happening.Well, CPS came around the other day, because there was an incident here at my house. I was home at the time, but stayed out of it. It was outside and my neighbors saw it. I don't know exactly what happened. I should note that this girl says her kid has autism and I said that to the CPS worker in the context of 'I don't pretend to know what it is like to deal with an autistic outburst, so I just don't get involved' to which the CPS worker said 'there are a lot of things wrong with [child], but autism isn't one of them'.More info: The parent is living in my basement which is unfinished and doesn't have an egress window (only reason I offered it is because i thought it would be better than a homeless shelter), but the kid, when he comes over, is on the couch upstairs (he comes over every other weekend). And, although I usually keep a tidy house, with the newborn, I have let things slide. The CPS worker said it wasn't an issue when I made a comment about the mess, but idk.I guess my question is if anything related to that case can come back on me. I would research...but my newborn is keeping me very busy and idk where to even begin looking. Do any of you know or have advice? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2t13bf7

No comments:

Post a Comment