Tuesday 27 June 2017

I want to raise my children to be open and loving like my dad raised me but my husband is against it.


When I say "open" I mean I want my daughter to accept people for who they are whether that be gay, trans, bi, asexual, black, white, purple or blue. I feel strongly about this because my brother, her uncle, is gay and I want desperately for her to never be one of those jerks who judged and bullied my brother growing up. And should she, or one of her siblings, end up being a one of the many categories of the LGBT community I want them to know I will love and accept them regardless because a persons sexuality changes nothing. My husband, on the other hand shutters at the very thought a gay man being in the same room as our children. Should I say something along the lines of "you shouldn't act like that. If one of our children turns out to be gay don't you want them to know they would be accepted?" He will simply tell me to "hush" that " we won't have gay kids, that's gross". Am I thinking too much into this? How can i open his mind to these possibilities and lead him towards acceptance? Or is this a lost cause?.. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2ucOOUc

No comments:

Post a Comment