Tuesday 27 June 2017

11 year old daughter new best friends is the child of a crime lord.


My 11 year old daughter has recently become close to a girl in the connecting classroom. I've met this girl on several occasions at birthday parties and school events in the past and she is a beautifully behaved young lady; extremely friendly, fun and polite. The only issue is that her father (who is a single father) is a known high profile criminal who has made a fortune doing unspeakable things to other people.This has never been an issue before as he has never gotten involved in anything to do with school, it was always left to the girls nanny. However, as my daughter and his daughter get closer they are talking about sleepovers and home visits. I'm uncomfortable with this. Honestly, I'm uncomfortable with my daughter being close friends with this girl at all. I fear that her dad may overreact to a normal childhood scable and my daughter may get hurt. I'm afraid of somehow getting involved or associated with what he does or being seen as condoning it by letting our children be friends. But at the same time the girl is a lovely child who doesn't deserve to have her friends excluding her because of who and what her father is. Does anybody have any advice? What would you do in this situation? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2uctoXw

No comments:

Post a Comment