Wednesday 28 June 2017

My daughter just told me about her BFF troubles ... and it breaks my heart. It's like being 12 all over again.


First of all ... I'm happy and proud and shining with motherly confidence because daughter (11.5) has decided to confide in me. But what do? In short: she has girlfriend troubles. Her junior high (? She's in her 5th school year) best best friend has been ditching her, and hangs out with another girl instead. Kid is devastated.Thing is, I know all this so well from being 12 myself. I was the "not cool but somewhat funny" girl. Not an outcast, but the one you hung out with when nobody else was available, but when the cool girls arrived, I was ditched. Things have changed a lot since then, but I can't forget how much it hurt. I would lie if I said there's no trauma.I just don't know what I should tell her. "Things are going to get better"? Go fuck yourself. "I know exactly what you're going through?" Go fuck yourself sideways. I stuck with "Sometimes, things suck. That's an integral part of becoming an adult" ... but somehow, I believe that there must be something better to say. Help. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2ujGdz3

No comments:

Post a Comment