Thursday 29 June 2017

Is this normal behavior?


18months.I don't know if calmness is something kids just grow into or if I have to teach him, but my son is a 24hr tornado. I've never tried to make him chill because I've always assumed it's just how toddlers are. I'm mostly occupied with making sure he doesn't kill himself or cause property damage.He has always hated sitting still. I can't overstate this. My dad noted it when he was 4 months old. He tolerates short car trips but will scream bloody murder if I'm stuck at a red light. It's like he needs constant stimulation or he just melts.He has a hard time focusing (his dad has adhd, but I've never heard of a genetic correlation). It's difficult to take walks with him because he will get distracted by everything he passes, or alternately become hyper- focused on one thing he sees and won't let it go unless I pick him up and walk away. We go on hikes all the time but if I let him lead we would never leave the parking lot.He is absolutely fearless in new situations, loves strangers, extremely friendly, craves attention and interaction- but he will not sit still, or join in group activities with kids his own age.When I meet other kids his age they seem ready to move out they're so calm and level by comparison. They sit still, join in activities, color for more than 3 seconds, go with the program...I don't have any other frame of reference for toddler behavior. He's my only child and I don't know if this is something I should work on, or if I have to trust that modeling good behavior is enough.Is my little one a maladjusted spaz, or a totally normal toddler? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2s6ooTk

No comments:

Post a Comment