Monday 26 June 2017

9 year old daughter has no self-confidence and wants to sleep all day. I'm concerned. Should I be?


I was talking with my oldest daughter this past week and she made a comment about how she's not a good artist. I told her she's great, she just needs to have more confidence in herself. She told me she has no self-confidence and doesn't think it's a big deal. I asked why she has no confidence and she just shrugged, she said she doesn't know, she just doesn't. She kept asking why it was a big deal that she didn't have self confidence and I told her because she is a fantastic person and I hate that she doesn't seem to think that.She also wants to sleep all day long. Since it's summer she's been allowed to go to bed at 10:30 pm, I normally wake her up at about 9:30 but every time I do it's a fight to get her out of bed since she just wants to sleep more. Friday night we went to see a double feature of Cars 3 and Wonder Woman, she was asleep pretty early into Wonder Woman (No surprise since it was super late.) and I let her sleep in a little longer since we'd been out late. I woke her up at 11:30 cause we had to take my niece to her dad (We were meeting half way since they live about 3.5/4 hours away) she got up, got ready and then fell asleep within 45 minutes in the car.Am I over worrying? How did you teach your kids self confidence?My husband and I are thinking about putting her in to therapy and getting her some extra curricular activities like doing ballet classes, and I feel so guilty because I wonder if I did something wrong to make her think she's less than the amazing person she is. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2sKboWz

No comments:

Post a Comment