Thursday 29 June 2017

[Ex] [Advice] My 5 year old daughter completely breaks down when going to my ex


Hey folks,I've created this throwaway account for the purpose of asking just this question and I could really use my help.My ex-partner and I have been separated about 2 years now, and my daughter has had some difficulties when she's brought back to my ex, specifically she breaks down crying and screaming for me (or in some cases my family) not to leave, and not to be left with her mom.When I've asked my daughter why she feels this way, she says things like how her mother won't snuggle her at bed time, or that her food tastes bad, or that she doesn't laugh at her jokes. I know I run a different, more relaxed household, but the little one and I still do chores, homework, healthy eating, etc. so there is rules and expectations.Recently I tried talking to my ex about this to which she stated she's more strict and our daughter needs to learn to be ok with that. I suggested maybe she ease up or try and listen to our daughter, but I get the feeling it's falling on deaf ears.About a half hour after I leave, my ex sends a text saying everything is fine and that our little one is just upset we're separated (our daughter only rarely brings up the fact she's upset by the separation to me or anyone else).Our little one is normally just an average happy-go-lucky 5 year old and these outbursts are heartbreaking as well as out of character.I guess my question is is there anything I can do to help my daughter? Should I run a stricter household? Should I continue to encourage my ex to ease up and be more compassionate with our daughter?Thanks again via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2tu85Em

No comments:

Post a Comment