Wednesday 28 June 2017

Suggested reading for me to teach my kid about social etiquette?


I don't even know if 'etiquette' is the right word. Basically, my son has occasionally said things like "he has a brown face" or "that woman looks like a man" to describe people. This morning he was staring at a man with a disability who was flapping his hands and laughing. It's completely innocent - he's just describing what he sees or observing something he's never seen before. He's really great at accepting people for who they are or "how they're made" as he was taught in preschool. He's 4, soon to be 5, and will be starting Kindergarten this year. I want to be able to explain to him at his level why we shouldn't describe people in those ways, or stare at others who are different, etc. Any advice? I'm a reader, so books/articles/blogs/etc. are welcome suggestions! Thanks. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2tnj1ma

No comments:

Post a Comment