Friday 30 June 2017

Question about baby proofing (bolting furniture to the wall)


I hope it's okay to ask here!Before I had kids, my attitude was "I don't have to baby-proof, I'll just teach my kids not to climb on the furniture" but now that I have a toddler I see that he might die if I don't.The problem is, my husband says he can't bolt/anchor the furniture (shelves, wardrobe, large China cabinet) to the walls because he can't find the studs in the wall. We got one of those stud finders for about $35 at the hardware store, but it doesn't really seem effective because it doesn't show studs anywhere.He is being stubborn, he was offended when I suggested we hire a handyman or someone to do it.I think if nothing else, we should just go ahead and drill into the walls (we own our home) to anchor because that would be better than nothing. We could hammer in those plastic hole things and then put screws into them. But he says he only wants to drill into the studs. Which we can't find. -_-So the whole project is stalled and I'm getting worried as my toddler starts crawling on furniture almost every time my back is turned.I guess the advice I need is both practical (how to drill into the wall if you can't find studs) and relational (how to convince my stubborn husband that this is very important). via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2tyVUWT

No comments:

Post a Comment