Monday 26 June 2017

One year serious sleep regression


We have two boys, 4 and 1 as of a couple weeks ago. This is about our one year old.Prior to about three weeks ago, he slept reasonably well. Sometimes he nursed to sleep, other times we rocked him. Generally up 1-2 times a night and going back down easily.Around when he started walking, that all changed. Last night, for example, we put him down in his crib awake after nursing (been trying to do this more for the last two months or so), and I laid down on the floor next to his crib to soothe as needed (singing, pat back, etc.). He fell asleep finally, clutching my hand.Woke up a couple hours later and my wife took the first wake up. He clung to her like he was afraid of being alone and fell asleep in our bed after nursing. Then, when he stirred, I took him to go rock him to sleep downstairs. He cried and screamed at me for two hours, always clinging tightly to me when I tried to put him down. He finally nursed again and then went down.We know we need to do something to get us all sleeping again, but we don't really know what to work on first. Cut out the night nursing? Let him cry it out? Any tips or advice would be appreciated. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2s8Zg2E

No comments:

Post a Comment