Wednesday 28 June 2017

PSA: Just because they're called "Kid's Safety Scissors" doesn't mean you can't cut yourself with them!


My son has a pair of those safety scissors. You know, small, metal blades but rounded tips. Turns out, while it might be more difficult to shank someone with them, they are still sharp as shit. Ironically, it wasn't my 4-year old who injured himself, nay, it was me.He asked me to cut something for him. I was busy with something else and was distracted and impatient so went all "snip, snap, tadaa!" and ended up cutting my index finger. Coincidentally, with the rounded tip part of the scissors, because those blades are serious business.Now, I wouldn't make this post if it was just some superficial graze. I cut myself deep enough that I could see the fatty tissue underneath the skin. It didn't even hurt or bleed initially, and I'd be lying if I wasn't grossed out yet fascinated by the sight of that wound. The cut itself is not even a quarter of an inch in length, but apparently deep-ish.I made the mistake to extend my finger for a better look, which opened the wound and allowed it to bleed. And bleed it did. It's been a little over an hour now and it just now stops actively dripping and is beginning to dry up. Still not painful, though.Anyways, my son was here so see the whole thing unfold. He wasn't really disturbed by it, just a little worried that his mom got a bad booboo and suggested I would put a Power Rangers bandaid on it, haha.So, yeah. Make sure your kids understand to keep the fingers away from the blades and focus on the task at hand, lest they end up like me. You wouldn't want them to live with that kind of burden. ;) via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2uj5A46

No comments:

Post a Comment