Thursday 28 July 2016

Twin teenage sons hate my boyfriend


My twin sons are 14. Their father has never been involved. They have been my whole life since they were born. I have barely dated. Last winter a met a man I immediately clicked with. It was amazing, and yes, quick. I knew him for about 6 weeks before I introduced him to the boys. They immediately didn't like him (they say they are scared of him because he is in the military). However, for the first time in their lives, I wasn't willing to give in to them. Fast forward several months and now he is living with us. He tries very hard to be kind and not step on any toes, but my sons are still openly hostile. Now they are demanding I get rid of him. I told them that isn't going to happen, but I feel so guilty. They are constantly telling me I'm a terrible mother, who puts her own happiness ahead of their's. My SO hates this, but I don't want him to get involved. Please, reddit parents, I need some reassurance. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2ahvjPW

No comments:

Post a Comment