Tuesday 26 July 2016

Toddler Just Had a Serious Chocking Incident and I'm Freaking Out.


I don't know exactly what I'm asking for; similar experiences, comfort? My husband and I were both home, and I was eating some mango, which of course our toddler wanted to share. Well he got a little too big of a piece and started choking, like serious choking. I pat him on the back once or twice waiting to see if he would cough for a second or two. He didn't, and my husband stepped in and put him over his knee and started patting while I picked up my phone to call 911. I have a brand new phone, and I didn't have the actual phone application up and was trying desperately to find it for what was probably no more than 7-10 seconds but seemed forever. Just as I found emergency services in contacts our toddler got the food up and started breathing and crying. It was probably at least a good 20 seconds where he wasn't breathing, and the scene was pretty horrific. I've been crying off and on for like an hour now and I can't seem to calm down. Usually I'm not so emotional. I don't know if it was the fact that I myself couldn't get him to cough it up, and it was my husband who saved him, or the fact that I couldn't get 911 on the phone as fast as I wanted.....but I feel absolutely horrible. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/29Yj3bP

No comments:

Post a Comment