Saturday 30 July 2016

Busybody woman undermined my parenting at Target (rant)


So today I took my kids (6F and 2M) to Target. First we did the grocery shopping, and Daughter wanted me to make her a "balloon" out of one of those flimsy plastic produce bags. Then Son also wanted one, so I made him one too. This is a pretty common request and I see no harm in it if it keeps the kids entertained. With the bag inflated and tied in a knot there's no chance my kids can put it over their heads and accidentally suffocate or anything.So then we went to the swimsuit dept and I walked away from the kids in the cart for 30 seconds tops to ask a lady who worked there a question. When I came back this older lady was standing by my kids and she had taken the "balloon" away from my son. She said "he had this right in front of his mouth." I said "okay..." And went to give it back to him, and she said, "you're just going to give it back to him!?" I responded, "I'll keep an eye on him." She goes "no you weren't keeping an eye on him you were over there." I said "excuse me? He's my son, why don't you let me worry about parenting him." And I took it from her and gave it back to my son. And as I was starting to walk away with the kids she said "no" and took it from him and broke a hole in it and he started crying.I don't know if it was just because I'm a younger mom, and she was older and thought she knew better, or what. But I would never try to parent a stranger's child, and especially not in such a confrontational manner. I was INFURIATED. My daughter was also really upset, she kept going on and on about the mean lady and she also broke her balloon because she felt sad for her brother. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2aikord

No comments:

Post a Comment