Wednesday 27 July 2016

Are you Submissive, Authoritarian or a bit of both?


I was having a discussion with a couple of friends on parenting. We're all parents, and all male. One is submissive, the other is authoritarian. And I'm a bit of both.I expect my child to do well at education and I can be strict when things fail in this area. During early years at school our child was very naughty. For over 2 years I was submissive, but things wasn't working. He was hitting people, biting, performing poorly in class. Although he was very smart he was acting up almost daily and mixing with the wrong crowd. We had no idea why he was doing this.I then tried the Authoritarian approach towards school and pretty quickly things improved dramatically. He's in top class for everything, loves school, and has developed a love for math. Everyone is amazed at how well he is doing.Most things I'm submissive. Unless it's at the point where things are getting too far and nothing else is working. A family member is veIt's a careful balance, once that's taken a lot of time to get right.Anyone else want to chime in? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2awFCoK

No comments:

Post a Comment