Sunday 31 July 2016

Getting up at the ass crack of dawn to watch TV


My step son (nearly 11) gets very limited screen time at our home during the week (we have him every other week). My husband and I both work so during the day he is at day camp and in the evenings we go to the pool, ride bikes, read etc. He can have 30 mins of TV if he has done his reading and his chores. He is allowed more screen time on the weekends.However, recently he has been getting up at the ass crack of dawn just to watch TV. I work night shift and this morning as I walked in the house at 5 am he was walking downstairs to watch TV. I shooed him back upstairs to go back to bed and he went but there was much eye rolling. Yesterday I got home a little later and at 6 am he was already downstairs watching TV. He is a holy terror without sufficient sleep and I know that he is waking up specifically to get as much TV time in as possible.Any suggestions short of throwing all the TVs out the window? I just bought a clock for his room (he has never needed one before) and telling him until the clock says 7:30 or 8 he cannot leave his room. Is that reasonable? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2aaMyra

No comments:

Post a Comment