Saturday 30 July 2016

A friendly reminder to check your baby's fingers and toes.


This evening my normally happy, sunny baby girl became unusually grisly, and it was whilst my husband was giving her a cuddle that he noticed that she had one of my hairs wrapped tightly around her little finger. The hair was acting as a tourniquet, and her finger had gone slightly purple. I don't think it had been there long, as there wasn't any swelling, but if my husband hadn't noticed then it's possible she could have lost her finger.She is currently in a very grabby phase and almost always has a clump of my hair, even if I tie it back, so from now on I will be a lot more diligent in checking both her hands and toes. It is scary to think that a simple strand of hair could do so much damage. Please remember to check your babies! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2akV9sA

No comments:

Post a Comment