Saturday 30 July 2016

Parents of young athletes / prodigies: Do you post about your kid's successes on Facebook?


I do not mean this to be a bragfest and I hope it does not come off that way. My 7 year old is very talented at chess. He competes about once per month at major chess tournaments for kids his age and he generally wins some kind of prize such as a trophy or a medal. My wife and I sometimes post this to our Facebook page where he has received lots of praise from friends and family. He LOVES to see how many people liked his post and I think it is very motivating for him. My wife feels that we are posting too often and friends / family may get bored or feel we are bragging. This week we traveled across the country, where he competed in an important tournament. It was a big battle, but he came from behind and won 1st place. But we did not post about it, so very few people in our circle know about his success. I wonder if we should have or not.The best solution might be to create a page just for him, so relatives could decide to join it or not, but I believe it is against Facebook's terms of service to create a page for young children.So, parents of young champions, do you spread the word about your kid's successes? Or do you only share selected achievements? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2agR706

No comments:

Post a Comment