Friday 29 July 2016

My dad think I need gates in front of all our upstairs windows.


Most of the windows in our house are about 6 inches off the ground. My son just turned one and my dad is insisting that we put gates in front of the windows because "the glass might pop out, with enough force." Now 2 of them are double pane, single hung windows. I just don't think the glass is going to pop out. There is one single pane, that is original to the house, (it's an architectural feature, so I guess that's why it's never been replaced) but is it really conceivable that the glass would pop out. The house was built in the 1970s. I was looking at the options and putting a safety latch to prevent him from opening the window and safety film to prevent the glass from shattering makes sense. Obviously, if I opened the window, we would either install a stop or a gate, but it's Texas in the summer and we have brand new A/C, those windows are staying closed! via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2aPVTld

No comments:

Post a Comment