Sunday 31 July 2016

Let's go jump in mud puddles!


We woke up this morning to a dark, rainy day. Almost every parents worst fear on a weekend. So we made breakfast and watched Boxtrolls and even fashioned a fort out of our blankets. Then my oldest (he's 4) was looking outside and stated he wanted to go jump in the puddles. At first I was like "ummm no?! Are you nuts? It's, like, dirty and wet out there!" But as I stood in the kitchen a little while later yelling as they took turns slamming each other into walls it dawned on me; why the hell not?!? So I hurriedly told my son to get dressed (he went and put on his swim trunks, that smart ass) and get his rain boots on as I threw on some play clothes of my own. My husband decided to stay inside with the 2 year old. We headed out into the DOWNPOUR and quickly began jumping into as many puddles as we could find. Big ones, small ones, muddy ones, it didn't matter. The wetter the better! I laughed and played and realized I'm getting old. We went and got my husband and the other kid to come out and join us. They were screaming and running and I realized we all need to jump in puddles once in a while.When I was little my grandmother would come over to our house after a big storm and have us put on our suits and take us puddle jumping around our neighborhood. A memory I almost forgot about. But I got to relive that today. And thus crappy day wasn't so crappy.I am aware this post is silly, but maybe it will inspire someone else to just throw down and say "why not?"Here's an action shot :-)http://ift.tt/2a9JMSY via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2a9IHKQ

No comments:

Post a Comment