Saturday 30 July 2016

Food issues forever


My girl just turned 3. She has always had food issues. Started with her not chewing anything and just choking if everything wasn't finely pureed until she was in her twos. Now she chews everything but meals take forever to eat. I just timed her eating just a normal peanut butter and jelly sandwich and it took 50 minutes. She gets bored while eating and stops frequently, chewing slowly, and starts talking, fidgeting, looking around, etc... which I don't blame her for because she takes so long. It's very frustrating because eating for 3 hours a day really interferes with other things we could be doing, plus she didn't gain any weight at all while 3 which I think might be because she really doesn't eat that much. How long do your little kids take to eat a simple sandwich? Any tips for parents who have dealt with this? I'm on the verge of just pureeing her foods again. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2aEuUN0

No comments:

Post a Comment