Saturday 30 July 2016

I'm looking for a CUV/SUV that can fit 3 car seats


xposted here: http://ift.tt/2akNfcC know I know, a van would be the best, but we don't want a van. A van will be the fall back if no CUV/SUV is capable. The extra ground clearance works better in snowy conditions where I am. There have been multiple times in the past few years where a regular car will drag/plow through the snow on the roads. The ground clearance is also appreciated when we go overOur situations is that we have incoming twins and an 18m son.I'll need to be able to accommodate the following car seat configurations at different timelines:Time of birth: 2x infant car seats (Britax B-Safe) via lower anchor, and a rear facing seat (Diono Radian RXT)6-12 months after birth: the rear facing Diono Radian RXT will change to forward facing (timeline depends on his height/weight)9-15 months after birth: the 2x infant car seats will be switched to Diono Radian RXT car sears in rear facing configurationI haven't yet tried to fit 3x car seats in different cars yet, I'm merely trying to pare down my list of SUVs to try out. I'm will also try minivans to see the difference in utility. If getting a SUV is much shittier for my situation, I'll definitely opt for a minivan, but right now I'd prefer an CUV/SUV.I'm also going to try out some SUVs with all three seats in the 2nd row, and with two in the 2nd row and one in the 3rd. I don't know how well those configurations work. The obvious pro of having all 3x seats in one row is much larger cargo space, and the pro of the 2x/1x split is I'm assuming it's easier to put a child in the 3rd row versus in the middle of a bench.If we don't need to use the third row, then there are a wide variety of options.If I need to use the 3rd row, there are 2x SUVs currently on my radar, the Infiniti QX60/JX35 and Nissan Pathfinder. The primary reason for them being on the list is the way you get access to the third row. The second row seats slide forward, then tilt up. They do not fold. As a result, an unoccupied car seat doesn't limit access to the third row (it makes the gap a bit smaller, but it still works). Most other SUVs I've looked at with a third row don't give good access if you have car seats in the 2nd row (as the folding capability is limited).I'm only looking at models around 2 years old that have modern safety standards and are still in warranty. To save on the depreciation hit, I'm not looking for anything brand new. Reliability is key.Thanks!xposted to /r/parenting via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2ahp2pn

No comments:

Post a Comment