Friday 29 July 2016

My sons are misbehaving and my husband undermines me


I wanted to crosspost my post from r/relationships here because I think a parenting perspective might be more helpful.Both of my kids are out of control. I had to pick my younger son (15) up from a house party after he drank so much he was throwing up. When my husband and I tried to change him out of his vomit covered clothes we found marijuana in his pocket. My husband wasn’t concerned because he thinks its normal for all teenagers to drink and try smoking. While I agree that this is common 15 is far too young for this behavior.My younger son tattled on his older brother (18) for using "harder drugs" to divert our attention. It worked because I shifted my focus to my older son and left my husband to handle the younger one. He didn’t disciple him enough because my younger son still comes home smelling like marijuana smoke. My husband maintains its not a very big problem. I’m convinced he told my younger son his opinion because now he thinks his behavior is acceptable.When I went to pick up my older son from his dorm room that he’s staying in for the summer the place was a mess. He kept falling asleep during our conversation because he was probably out parting all night. I made him come home and he’s been sneaking off at all hours of the day despite being grounded. When he’s home he locks himself in his room and sleeps all day or sits around in the backyard smoking cigarettes. He refuses to take a drug test so I don’t know what he’s doing exactly but I’m very worried about him.My husband thinks he’s only acting out because he’s not happy that he’s grounded for the summer. Once again he dismisses my concern and won’t talk to his son seriously. I don’t think either of the kids are taking me seriously because their dad is showing them that’s acceptable.I’m very stressed out about my children. I can’t be home all the time because I manage a company and have to work very long hours. This leaves the disciple up to my husband but he’s not very good at it. I also asked him to keep an eye out on our older son so we can find out whats really going on with him but he doesn’t take that seriously either.tl;dr: My two sons are misbehaving by drinking, and partying, and doing drugs and my husband wont help me discipline them. I'm worried about my sons, especially the older one, and I'm angry and frustrated with my husband. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2axNvYO

No comments:

Post a Comment