Wednesday 27 July 2016

Nervous about starting daycare


My husband and I decided to put our 2 year old in daycare two days per week. We don't actually need to because we both work from home, but we feel like we need the extra break and we think it might help his social skills.I am worried about a few things though.My son is speech delayed, and even though he's made a huge improvement in the last month, I know that the teachers and other kids won't be able to understand him.He is used to having his two comfort objects with him all day every day. Do they usually allow this? I'm not sure how he will handle being without them all day.He's used to falling asleep next to me for naps after a lot of convincing. I usually have to rub or pat his back and it takes him like an hour to fall asleep. I really don't see him laying down quietly by himself.He's never been away from us before except for with one set of grandparents every few weeks. He even cries when we visit other grandparents.Basically I'm just envisioning non stop crying and I feel guilty for putting him in daycare when I don't technically have to. Am I just being selfish or will it actually benefit him at this age instead of make him miserable? I may also be projecting because I can remember hating daycare and preschool and just waiting to go home. via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2aigbpl

No comments:

Post a Comment