Friday 29 July 2016

Bringing Up The Topic Of Guns With Other Parents


A few years back we were staying at my father-in-law's house, their house had been burglarized recently. My 3 year old son wandered into their room, where there was a loaded gun on the night stand right by the door.Needless to say, this scared the shit out of me. Which makes me want to bring this subject up if my son will ever stay at someone's house without my supervision. But how do you discuss this in a way that doesn't offend someone?Since that incident, we stay at my SIL's, who also loves guns. I would like to have that conversation to make sure that the guns are locked up, but want to do it in a way that makes them feel comfortable. Is there a way for that to happen? I can't help but think it will be awkward at best. But it's a conversation that has to happen. Any ideas? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2amvWLJ

No comments:

Post a Comment