Friday 29 July 2016

My parents instincts turned out to be right and the neighbor was indeed a child molester. When do you warn (if you warn) other parents about your instincts?


The background is basically that this guy who moved to the neighborhood last year was acting VERY sketchy. I got a bad vibe but also a lot of signs that he wasn't ok. He'd always talk to the kids when he caught them alone, would talk to them about his dog and invite them over to come see his dog without me, gave them candy, etc. Most of the time I was just in the background and listening/ watching and eventually after me telling him that they would not go over and for him to stop inviting them and giving them candy without my supervision, he stopped.Today, my husband linked to my the newspaper where he had been arrested for a child molester case. Apparently he might (case will go to trial now) molested a young boy while tutoring him and he possibly has other victims. I called the local police station already. They took my number and said they'd call me back since I'm not in town. Anyway, my point is...There was another family with young kids living next to us, I always wanted to "warn" the parents that something shady was going on since the parents let the children run wild (they were older). My husband told me that I shouldn't say anything because ultimately we have no idea if something IS fishy with him or not. I agree with him, the last thing we needed is to have him on a neighborhood watch and the dude being totally innocent.So, what do you guys do in those situations? I feel bad not mentioning anything to the other parents now but what do you do when you just have a feeling that something is off? via /r/Parenting http://ift.tt/2aiEcZK

No comments:

Post a Comment